I would like to say sorry for being so late with this post. I am truly sorry. I wanted to thank MIRROR THE LOVE, Nicole from CONFESSIONS OF AN ART TEACHER and Janine from A BEAUTIFUL WHIM for nominating me with these beautiful Awards! I’m sorry if I missed anyone out! It truly means the world to me that you have thought about me and have given me such special awards. Thank you so so much!
- State the name of the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 or 11 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 or 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
Here are the questions and my answers:
Thank you to Mirror the Love. Here are the questions and my answers:
1. Any blogging regrets?
Not at the moment.
2. Biggest beauty trend regret?
In the 80’s I regret perming my hair.
3. One product you think everyone should have?
A lipstick. Because no matter how bad you feel, if you put some lipstick on everything will be okay. lol
4. If you were creating your own beauty line, what would you call it?
5. Have you ever had a beauty “disaster” while doing someone else’s make-up?
I’ve never applied makeup on another person.
6. Bold eyes, bold lips or both?
7. What has been your biggest life lesson so far? (taken from a question asked to me!)
Never expect anything from anyone
Live Life to the Fullest
Laugh and Love
8. Favourite music video make-up?
Demi Lovato Makeup in Cool for the Summer is amazing!
9. What is your favourite make-up remover
I finished a LOREAL eye makeup remover and loved it. I also used up a Maybelline eye makeup remover. I am now using Simple eye makeup remover. I don’t have a face one. I’m thinking of buying a makeup remover very soon. I might go with either BodyShop Chamomile or Bioderma. Not sure yet. I usually wipe my face with a wipe and then use cream to remove makeup.
10. What is one product you just can’t get the hang of? Or if that’s not applicable, that you cannot stand to use?
I can’t get the hang making a perfect wing. I’m practicing a lot and because the skin of my eye is so soft it’s not easy making a wing.
I can’t Stand eyeshadows that are not pigmented or blush that makes my cheeks itchy and mascara that clumps and lipgloss that creates a stringy texture from the top lip to the bottom lip! YUCK! lol
Next Questions are from Nicole from Confessions of an Art Teacher .
- Do you have any pets? If yes, what are their breeds and names? If no, what do you wish you had, if any?
No pets. I wish I had a cat. I love cats.
2. What blog post are you most proud of?
I would have to say my Reitmans Summer Look because it is outside my comfort zone. I wanted to challenge my self and get out there and not be scared to do a fashion post. I think I did okay.
3. What is one of your favourite Pinterest finds?
I’m in love with these sunglasses. I can’t afford them but I love them. 🙂
4. What was your favourite hobby when you were younger?
Collecting stickers! I love stickers!
5. Favourite artist or art movement
Van Gogh, Claude Monet, Frida Kahlo, Gustav Klimt and many more.
6. What is one future goal you have for your blog?
I would love my blog to be successful in many ways. I want my blog to be very creative, expressive and different. I would like my blog to be the very best it can be.
7. What is your most memorable vacation?
Cuba with my husband. It was his first time on a plane and away from Canada. It was so much fun vacationing together. We had a magical time and I can’t wait to go on a trip again. Hopefully Disneyland with the kids.
8.What is your favourite day to day activity?
I would have to say when I get some time to blog. I really love blogging and writing up posts. Also having the first cup of coffee in the morning.
9.Describe your blog in 3 words.
Creative, Informative, Inspirational
10. If you had one day to yourself, what would you do?
I would go to the mall, have a coffee at Starbucks, then go do my nails and a pedicure. I would have lunch and watch a movie. I would then go shopping.
Thank you to Janine from A BEAUTIFUL WHIM! Here are her lovely questions:
1. What is the best beauty tip you have ever received that you could share with us?
I would have to say when applying eyeshadow start off with a little and then build. I’ve made the mistake many times where I put a lot and I had to wipe it off. Also when applying a crease colour or transition colour really blend it out. I find that blending is important with eyeshadow unless you want that harsh distinction.
2. What is your favourite feature about yourself and how do you highlight that feature and play it up?
I would say my cheek bones and eye colour. I highlight above my cheek bones and I also contour. I use blue and green eye shadows to make my eyes stand out.
3. What is your most cherished childhood memory?
Spending time with my mother and father by the Ocean. Summer in Greece.
4. What is the best nude lipstick you have ever gotten your hands on?
Elizabeth Arden 46 Pink Pucker.
5.What is a specialty dish that you can cook or bake that would blow people’s minds?
I make the best Spaghetti and meat sauce.
6. If you were planning a vacation, where would you like to travel and why?
If it was just me and my husband I would love to go to Rome because my husband wants to visit the Colosseum and I would love to visit France and Germany. I love Europe so I would love to go everywhere in Europe. If its a family trip I would go to Disney World for the kids.
7. What is your holy grail liquid or gel black liner?
I would have to say Annabelle Cosmetics New Liners. All of them are so amazing.
8. What perfume do you get the most compliments on when you wear it (even if it’s not your favourite)?
I would have to say Vanille Noire by YVES ROCHER and Dolce Vita by DIOR
9.What are you most frightened of?
I’m going back to work next September. I don’t know where or what I want to do.
10.What is the best tip you have received from a long-time, expert blogger?
I’ve learned to take my time with posts. To make connections. To write posts that matter and not post things that have no value or meaning to me.
11. What’s your most embarrassing moment? (hee hee hee)
I played basket ball in high school and the ball hit my face. At the same time I got elbowed by another girl on my nose. It hurt like hell and I wanted to cry so much. I was so embarrassed and held back tears. LOL
I would like to say thank you to all the beautiful bloggers who have nominated me. Thank you so so much and I’m truly grateful. If I’ve forgotten anyone please forgive me!
Here are my nominees and questions
I nominate the following ladies for both awards. Thank you for inspiring me and for making me smile everyday. Thank you for your support and your kindness.
My questions are as follows:
1. What is one palette you can’t live without.
2. Favourite mascara at the moment.
3. Favourite foundation at the moment.
4. One thing you have learned from Blogging.
5. What is your signature perfume?
6. If you had to eat one dish for the rest of your life what would it be?
7. Eyeliner or no Eyeliner?
8. Favourite Lipstick at the moment.
9. Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
10. Favourite Film?
11. What is your favourite dessert?
Thank you so much everyone and I truly appreciate your wonderful awards and thoughtfulness. It means the world to me and thank you so so much! Have a beautiful weekend!