Happy Saturday! I wanted to share this on the blog right away because it is the perfect pumpkin soup for Fall and also amazing to make and freeze ahead of time for your family for Thanksgiving dinner. It is so delicious and comforting. I truly hope you try it. Let name know if you try it @bestdayblogger on twitter or IG.
Here is my lovely pumpkin from my garden! How exciting right? My husband helped me chop this up and clean the seeds out. I cut it in chunks and drizzled olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted this along with a a garlic bulb in the oven for one hour at 350F.
- 4 Cups of Roasted Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Garlic bulb
- 1 Pack of bacon
- 6 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cube of veggie stock
- 1/8 tsp of thyme
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs bacon fat
- A little olive oil to sprinkle on the pumpkin
- Cut pumpkin and clean out the pumpkin seeds. Set the seeds aside for later.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cut pumpkin into wedges and place them on trays with parchment paper.
- Drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on the pumpkin.
- Cut the top off the garlic bulb and drizzle olive oil over it with a sprinkle of salt.
- Roast the pumpkin and garlic at 350F in the oven for one hour.
- Take the tray out and let it cool.
- Take one package of bacon, cut the bacon into pieces and fry it up in a pan. Take out bacon bits and place on paper towel. Bacon is used for garnish in the soup.
- Save the bacon fat for later.
- Take pumpkin and puree it. Place in bowl.
- In a pot add 6 Cups of water, the roasted garlic, one veggie cube, black pepper, salt, thyme, cayenne pepper and one tablespoon of bacon fat. Add 4 cups of the pumpkin puree.
- On medium heat boil soup for 20 min.
- After 20 min turn off stove and puree with a hand blender to make sure there are no chunks. If you wish to do so.
- Ladle soup in the bowl with bacon bits and Sliced Bacon garlic Baguette. Here is the recipe for the Baguette.
Bacon Sliced Garlic Baguette
- Sliced Baguette
- Bacon Fat
- 1 garlic clove
- A sprinkle of garlic salt
- A sprinkle of oregano
Cut baguette in slices.
dip quickly into the bacon fat
Place on a tray with parchment paper
Sprinkle garlic salt and oregano on them
Toast in a 350F oven for 10 min or until golden brown
When they come out of the oven rub the garlic clove on them.
Garnish the Pumpkin soup with them for a delicious crunch.
ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
1 1/2 cups of pumpkin seeds
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbs bacon fat
Make sure your pumpkin seeds are dry. In a bowl add the bacon fat or olive oil and mix in the seeds. Then on a cooking sheet with parchment paper place the seeds and sprinkle with the salt and cayenne pepper. Place in the oven at 350F and bake for 30 min or until golden brown. Every oven is different. Mine took 30 min.