There is nothing better the home made chicken soup and I’m here to share with you this lovely cozy and delicious recipe. I hope you try this out because it is truly delicous and perfect for winter.
10 Cups of water
4 Chicken Thighs
1 Yellow onion
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp of black pepper
2 tsp salt
1 chicken bouillon
1 allspice ball
1/3 cup Olive oil
2 big carrots
1 cup chopped up celery
2 celery sticks
2 garlic cloves
*OPTIONAL : 1 cup rice or 1 cup pasta
- In a pot add 10 cups of water with the washed chicken. Bring to a boil and skim the top. The chicken creates a foam on the top and you must take that foam out of the broth. I just use a spoon.
- Add 1 yellow onion, 2 bay leaves, salt, pepper, chicken bouillon, allspice, olive oil, garlic salt, garlic cloves, the 2 big carrots and the 2 celery sticks and boil for 30 min on medium heat.
- When chicken is cooked strain the broth into a new pot.
- Place on medium heat and add the *OPTIONAL RICE OR PASTA
- Clean chicken, cut into small pieces and add that to the broth.
- Cut the cooked carrots into small bite size piece and add that to the broth.
- Take the cooked onion and blend it in a blender until it becomes smooth. Add that to the broth.
- Add the uncooked chopped up celery to the broth.
- Add your pasta or rice. This is OPTIONAL.
- On medium heat boil for another 20 min or until your * OPTIONAL PASTA AND RICE IS COOKED.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I truly hope you try this recipe. If you give it a try let me know by tweeting me @bestdayblogger
You must be logged in to post a comment.