You have been AMAZING! Travel and more Travel. So many adventures and now I seek more! So many memories made and fun in the hot August sun. Time with family and friends. Yummy food and swimming. Beautiful Ontario Beaches. I wanted this since last summer. I still need to reach the ocean but Ontario Lakes are lovely too. I’m grateful and I look forward to being close to the ocean very soon.
This summer we enjoyed delicious food and ice cream. Lots of ice cream. The kids had so much fun and spent time with their cousins. They had the opportunity to make decisions while they ordered their food and they slept in spaces that were not their own. I found it hard to sleep in hotels though. My youngest wanted to sleep with me so I didn’t get much sleep. Mom life is beautiful. These moments will not last for ever. I don’t like to complain but I accept it and cherish each moment.
Travel teaches you many things like taking chances, putting trust in others and being in the moment. It also teaches you what to do next time you travel or what you need to bring with you. I have some great tips from my sister-in-law Susy. She’s probably laughing at me now. Hopefully these tips will help you out.
I learned most of these tips from my sis-in-law Susy who’s a travel junkie. lol
- Bring a sound machine. This is perfect if you don’t want to hear other people or noise in the hotel room. I hate that the walls are so thin you can hear everything. Also sometimes it’s too quiet and this too can be strange for my ears.
- Bring febreze and Lysol spray and wipes (not all hotels are clean even if they are rated 4 stars. Some hotels that are rated 3 are in better condition.)
- Keep disinfectant and wipes in your purse. If you are a parent you understand that kids get messy.
- Always check the sheets and bed. Make sure they are clean. One of my pet peeves is unclean sheets and pillows. To all hotels “YOU HAVE ONE JOB TO DO! MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN THE SHEETS AND PILLOWS AND BATHROOMS”
- Bring a diffuser if you don’t like the smell of hotels & Febreze.
- Buy a cooler that plugs in your car that way you have water and beverages any time you need and they stay cold.
- A great item to have for the beach is a buggy to carry all your things. My sis-in-law had one. Love this idea!
- If you are crossing the border make sure you have American change because they have tolls and you need to pay.
- Keep your passports with you at all times while you travel around the USA. Don’t leave them in the hotel because if you are stopped by authorities they will ask for your passports.
- If you are travelling long distance make sure you plan and book a hotel half way point. It makes things easier for the driver.
- My sister in law Susy used Hotels.com to book the hotels. I download the app and it gives you great options. You can actually get a free hotel after a certain amount of bookings.
- I used google maps a lot while I travelled and it offers a lot of places to eat and discover. I even added my own reviews which is pretty cool.
- Make sure you contact your phone provider if you are driving out of range. You can get charged so much if you don’t. I’m with Bell and we called them right away and they changed our plan so that we were able to use our phone freely.
- Pack some snacks for the journey.
Feel free to add more tips in the comments!
Port Stanley Beach
MUSEUM OF PLAY
Read my review on GOOGLE MAPS if you like.
THE BEST BURGER!
ROCHESTER NEW YORK
RED ROBIN GOURMET
I’m still drooling thinking about this burger.
PORT PERRY ONTARIO
LONDON CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
Food and more food!
KEEP SMILING SUMMER IS NOT OVER!
Thank you for reading my post. It means so much to me. I would love to know what you did this summer. Much love to you all!
You must be logged in to post a comment.