On Saturday we went to Applewood Farms and I came home with a huge Squash. I created a delicious and cozy Roasted Garlic and Onion Butternut Squash Soup which is perfect for fall. It was a cold day on Sunday and this soup was comforting.
8 Cups Cubed Butternut Squash
6 Garlic Cloves
2 Yellow Onions
1\4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2tbs Olive Oil
1/2 tsp onion powder
1tbs Fresh Rosemary
6 Cups Water
1 Bay Leaf
2 Chicken stock cubes
1/4 tsp dry parsley
- Cube the squash and place on baking tray.
- Clean and cut the onions and garlic and place on tray.
- Sprinkle everything on the tray with the Olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 35min.
6. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil with the chicken cubes, parsley and bay leaf. When the water starts boiling turn it off.
7. Remove Bay Leaf from the chicken stock.
8. Add all the ingredients from the oven to the pot of chicken stock. Use a hand held blender and puree it. I prefer my soup with a little texture. You can always puree it a little longer.
9. You can add garlic croutons, crispy onion, bacon or sausage on the top. I added sausage and garlic croutons with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
I hope you try this recipe out. It is simple, delicious and cozy. A perfect soup for fall weather.
You must be logged in to post a comment.