Today I made a warm cozy carrot ginger soup that is absolutely delicious! I’m so happy to share it with you. It is super easy and yummy. Perfect for the cold weather.
8 Cups Water
1 Chopped Onion
3 Cloves garlic
4 Cups chopped Carrots
2 Chicken cubes ( you can use veggie cubes)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tbs Olive Oil
2 tsp Ginger powder
2 Potatoes (cleaned pealed and chopped up)
1tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
1 tsp dry parsley
Add all ingredients except parley to a pot and boil for 30 min. After 30 min blend/puree the soup and toss in the parley. Top with crunchy onion bits and fresh green onion bits.
I truly hope you try this soup out. Tweet me if you do! @bestdayblogger I would love to see a photo.
Have a lovely week!
Ingredients and Instuctions
In a pot add:
8 Cups Water
2 Cups of chopped up Carrots
1 Allspice ball
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Whole yellow onion
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Vegetable or Chicken bouillon cube
1 tbs Olive Oil
1 tbs Paprika (not spicy)
1 tsp onion powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp ginger powder
- Boil for 35 min on medium heat and then remove the allspice ball.
- I use my hand blender and pureed the ingredients. I leave some chunks of carrot.
- I then add 1 Cup of Quinoa and boil for 15 min.
- Take it off the heat and cover for 5 -10 min and enjoy!
Goes really well with dried crunchy toast or bread.
If you try this recipe please tweet me! Would love to know how you like it!
Have a beautiful weekend!
There is nothing better the home made chicken soup and I’m here to share with you this lovely cozy and delicious recipe. I hope you try this out because it is truly delicous and perfect for winter.
10 Cups of water
4 Chicken Thighs
1 Yellow onion
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp of black pepper
2 tsp salt
1 chicken bouillon
1 allspice ball
1/3 cup Olive oil
2 big carrots
1 cup chopped up celery
2 celery sticks
2 garlic cloves
*OPTIONAL : 1 cup rice or 1 cup pasta
- In a pot add 10 cups of water with the washed chicken. Bring to a boil and skim the top. The chicken creates a foam on the top and you must take that foam out of the broth. I just use a spoon.
- Add 1 yellow onion, 2 bay leaves, salt, pepper, chicken bouillon, allspice, olive oil, garlic salt, garlic cloves, the 2 big carrots and the 2 celery sticks and boil for 30 min on medium heat.
- When chicken is cooked strain the broth into a new pot.
- Place on medium heat and add the *OPTIONAL RICE OR PASTA
- Clean chicken, cut into small pieces and add that to the broth.
- Cut the cooked carrots into small bite size piece and add that to the broth.
- Take the cooked onion and blend it in a blender until it becomes smooth. Add that to the broth.
- Add the uncooked chopped up celery to the broth.
- Add your pasta or rice. This is OPTIONAL.
- On medium heat boil for another 20 min or until your * OPTIONAL PASTA AND RICE IS COOKED.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I truly hope you try this recipe. If you give it a try let me know by tweeting me @bestdayblogger